Saturday, November 14, 2015

My journey through ‘When The Heavens Smiled’- by Ritesh Arora

“Everything that we see, observe, sense and do is all pre-scripted. The future is pre-scripted as well. The next page of this invisible script of destiny gets unfolded in front of us and we simply play to its tunes, perceiving that we are the doers when we are not.”

Feeling frustrated that your future can’t be in your own hands? That it’s not you, that matters because it’s all written already? Destiny, a word I love immensely makes me immune to my surroundings because I know I’ll reach where am supposed to be. But at the same time, I am scared as much any human being shall be; scared of my unknown circumstances, scared of the unknown in short.
When it is all pre-written as said, what do I need to do? How should I proceed with my life? Some say I should take each day as it may come, but when I know each day is just a dot to the pre-scripted end of mine, why should I even bother!

“Though the future is pre-scripted, it does not mean that we can’t change the script!”

See what I mean when I said feeling frustrated? Confusing as hell, this statement contradicts the first one head on. Same as what Sarthak Arora, the main character of ‘When The Heavens Smiled’ feels and I was with him in this state of confusion. But what this book unveils will sate your hunger for these answers.
With your pure heart, good deeds, selfless sacrifices, helping hand, and by being true to yourself; you can change any pre-written scripts of your life.

“When you start giving selflessly to others, good fortune starts coming back to you ten-folds.”

We believe we are the ones enduring great amount of pain or we are the only ones dealt with the unfortunate cards in our life, what we don’t ACCEPT is you’re just a bleep in this whole world where people suffer each day; just not necessarily similar to yours but they do as well. This book doesn’t encourage your beliefs; it will open up the gates to your inner self where purity lies, a purity which helps you to reach out to the people in need, people who are unfortunate just like you but YOU can help them and in return, God will help you in any shape or form unknown to you.
So, this is what this book is all about!

Summary

A strong, independent, Mumma’s boy named Sarthak Arora enters into his professional career where he meets a beautiful Bengali girl named Sarangi and falls in love. Falling in love is not the hardest part, holding on to it is what breaks or makes you. How Sarthak holds inevitable and forced the Gods bend to his wishes is a good read and for that you need to experience this book yourself.

Idea Behind The Book:

In my opinion, ‘When The Heavens Smiled’ was all about these above preaching and I loved this part of the book, not the whole love story weaved around it. But you can’t just throw out these beautiful lessons of life without taking a dip into the journey so; you have to bear with it!
What makes this journey interesting is how the author Ritesh Arora has provided a detailed background about each and every character introduced in the book; no matter major/ minor, credit is given to all equally.
Character’s personal experiences are just like us; a regular guy/ a girl which helps us to connect better. It gives you a feeling of belonging. Cherry on the cake was how Sarthak met Rajan, his boss for the first time; it was epic and humorous in spades! The way whole scene was crafted is appreciable, that too in humour!

What could have been better:

When author gives you a little peek into the future while you’re riding along in the present, was a bit confusing for me. We all know that author is the one ‘Know It All’ person and we want the story to unfold at a certain pace, not after every other paragraphs. It made me frustrating at times because it tempted me to just jump on a particular chapter and unfold the suspense myself. It breaks the concentration from the current scenario and your attention span is severed. Pace of the story was a bit fast in my opinion which made me feel like running in joggers!
It is shown in the beginning that Sarthak is close to his mother and shares every major event of his life with her. So when he is transported to a different place for work and falls in love with Sarangi, it felt a little bit odd that he didn’t contact her even once.

Conclusion:

A problem remains to be a problem till you keep on accepting it, but the solution comes when you take it at a face value and become desperate enough to try any and every avenue to save your loved ones, and yourself. With the help of your family and support from your loved ones, you conquer every obstacle in life.

A fascinating read which forced me to become a fan with just one chapter in the book and sadly that came at a much later in the journey so please have patience and do READ it! It came to me as a review copy and I read it just because, but after reading this, I suggest everyone should read it atleast once!

Title: When The Heavens Smiled
Author: Ritesh Arora
Publisher: Srishti Publishers
Publication: 1st edition, 2015
Genre: Fiction, Romance, Self-Help (for me)
Table of Content: Distributed amongst 8 chapters with NO table of content.
Pages: 157 pgs
Price: Rs 195


Rating: 3.5/5


Get this book Here

No comments:

Post a Comment