Tuesday, November 3, 2015

It Doesn’t Hurt To Be Nice by Ameesha Sethi



I must say Ameesha Sethi did a good job with this philosophical work even though her background is one of management, but as you must know, knowledge comes from experiences and not just education and this is one hell of an example.

It Doesn’t Hurt To BE Nice is a philosophical read, leaving me disturbed for few hours. I correlate with this book at a personal level due to the turbulences my life served me till now and I know will do in the coming future as well.

Something Different:

I liked the practical approach Kiara has embedded in her life even though she believes in karma, as people say one who is philosophical or spiritual in nature tends to get indifferent towards people and situations in their life, but here Kiara has fought her way from bottom to top with love for her parents and friends. It shows that in this race of life, it is easier to blame others for your insecurities, but when you find the real reason of your being, you’ll see how wrong you were.

Dilemma of mine:

It is a good read for people who are trying to be themselves in this slaving and chaotic era but do you think by reading this book or we can say any other book for that matter can help them? Because even though books are what made me a better human being at the time when I was struggling with emotions and lots of changes in my personal life, I don’t feel like reading philosophical books at that time.

I know the importance of this book as I can relive my life through some of the instances in this book, but I find it difficult that it can help at the crucial stage.

To understand spirituality, one needs to be a best friend with themselves and then and then only there can be any scope of going a level ahead. One must perceive the meaning of “Love” and “Wisdom”, you need to study your happiness, feelings and what karma is.

Author’s work according to me:

With the help of her personal situations, author Ameesha Sethi has managed to come up with something that an educated layperson can follow. The arguments and justification about every philosophical point she has included which makes you feel comfortable in a way that yes, I am not the only fool who thinks like this (No pun intended).

What could have been an advantage:

I little bit too fast paced to cope up with as author takes you on a journey of life i.e. from past to present and then back. It could have been a little better. It is full of verses from Bhagwad Gita which I enjoyed immensely because I believe in philosophy and spirituality, but when I try to explain anything to my friends or even my siblings, they are not at all interested in listening to me, so I would recommend this book to people who are into philosophy, spirituality, and wisdom because it is really good for those who knows the value of it.

So, for me this book was a 3.5/5 because it makes me happy that I am not an alien in this world, but just a lill different one with a jumbled mess of thoughts.

Details about books:

Title: It Doesn't Hurt To Be Nice

Author: Ameesha Sethi

Publication: Shrishti Publishers & Distributors

Publication Date: 2015

Edition: First

Pages: 130

Contents: Distributed in 10 parts with lessons to be derived.


- Aradhna Tiwari

No comments:

Post a Comment